In today’s world, you will rarely find people who will need an introduction to the concept of Email. Email emerged from the shadows of snail mail and fax machines. And as soon as it was introduced, it started to take the world of digital communication by storm, quickly removing its predecessors from the equation. In spite of the many alternatives for communication, email has not lost its significance and still remains the first and foremost choice for many!
And needless to say, with email progressing rapidly and going up like anything, it has been able to attract the attention of the digital marketing industry. Digital marketing is something that can benefit immensely from the phenomenon of email and there is no doubt regarding the fact that email can be used as an impeccable marketing tool.
The basics of email marketing are not as complicated as they are expected to be and we need to understand it in very simple words. When we receive an email that has any presents some kind of advertisement in it or contains some kind of proposal for a business or a request for sales, then such an email can be considered as a marketing email and this strategy is what known as Email Marketing. The very purpose of these emails is to promote their product or services by building trust and creating awareness among their customers. The fundamentals of email marketing are that the emails are sent to a list of existing customers and the potential ones too. These emails usually shed light about the relationship of the service provider with their existing customers by complimenting them with some greeting or offers and thanking the customers for having faith in a certain product or service.
Usually, there are two types of email marketing. They are listed as follows:
Mobile Email Marketing.
Mobile Email Marketing:
As the name speaks for itself, Mobile Email Marketing is the dispatch of marketing emails to mobile devices in order to get noticed by as customers, as much as possible. Smartphones generate a huge amount of traffic if we talk about online activity and hence, their importance is unparalleled. But while sending emails to the mobile devices, you should keep in mind that the emails should be well optimized as the filters in mobile phones may categorize some of the emails as spam. Another aspect to pay attention to is that many customers may be using multiple accounts on a single mobile device, so dispatch the emails accordingly.
Transactional emails are a result of a consumer’s response with the website of the company. They are real-time electronic mails generated when a user registers or sign up for a website for the first time. These emails can be password reset emails, emails with thank you notes, subscription to a newsletter, etc. These emails are triggered when there is an interaction between the user and the website and hence, they are also given the name Triggered Emails. These emails can have a real impact on a company or website that is trying to enhance or extend their reach among the new or existing customers.
Now that we are well familiar with the basics of Email Marketing, we should quickly move to the top strategies that you should adopt in order to boost your email marketing campaign. Let’s get started.
1. Mobile optimization for your Emails: With every passing day, we have seen that usage of mobile phones is increasing significantly and with the introduction of new technologies at a rapid pace, smartphones are getting smarter day by day. Even the majority of people, rather than using their PC or laptops, prefer checking their mail related to work or leisure on mobile devices only. This has to lead to an increase in the traffic on websites and in the usage of emails via mobile phones as well. And needless to say, you should be optimizing your emails according to the mobile devices in order to get the most out of it. Also, keeping your emails interactive and engaging for the users can be a good strategy to get the attention of the customers.
2. Use of Social Media: Social media is trending for quite some time now and can always help your cause. Around 62 percent of users on the web have social media accounts on various social media handles. It is a good idea to launch an email campaign that encourages engagement via social media. This campaign can be anything ranging from a promotional contest to a Live session, practically anything to keep the customers engaged.
3. Emails to wake up the inactive ones: According to statistics, around 60 percent of people are inactive when it comes to checking their emails and that includes a majority of us. The best way is to target the inactive ones and get them back into the fray by sending some tempting mail with splendid offers that can help to re-ignite their interest for good.
4. Images can do wonders: A wise man once said: “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Well, the statement stands true till date and especially in the case of an email. It is a well-known fact that as a customer, you would opt out of reading a monotonous email consisting of a thousand words. But if you are given an email with some interactive images and gifs to make things understanding and interactive, you surely would give it some thought. And email with images is always better as it will catch your attention and will be more likely to make an impact on the customers.
5. The Subject of the email: Last but not least, the subject of the email carries unmatched importance. The subject line of an email is probably the first thing that will be read by a customer and if it is catchy enough, you can expect the customer to go ahead with what you have to say. The subject of the mail should not tell a story. Keep must be kept short and precise. The smaller it is, the better. Using catch phrases can always be of help to your cause.
Now that you know it all, it is time to launch an excellent and effective email marketing campaign today!
Zac Wallace is the co-founder of Zac Wallace Inc, an ingenious agency offering result oriented digital marketing solutions. He can read a spray chart and a balance sheet and has helped organizations increase their website traffic and sales by up to 3,000%